Fire Destroys Del City Home Early Christmas Day Morning


Sunday, December 25th 2011, 11:06 am
By: News 9


An early morning Christmas Day fire destroys a Del City home.

A man who was house-sitting for the family who owns the home says the fire started in the back of the house.

The Del City Fire investigators determined the fire originated in the home's den where a lit fireplace was located. 

Investigators say it is unclear if a fireplace safety screen was in place,

The house is considered a total loss.  The man who was house-sitting was not injured.

Firefighters had to call in back-up from Midwest City Fire and say the fire was an unfortunate Christmas Day tragedy.

The family who owned the home has been notified.