1. The 2021 Cash for Classrooms is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, who are at least 13 years of age, unless otherwise provided in these contest rules. However, all persons recognized and awarded a prize from the 2021 Cash for Classrooms Giveaway, must be at least 18 years of age, must be an Oklahoma Educator and must live within the NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA"), except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.News9.com/contests or click here. Employees of NEWS 9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible to receive a prize, but can submit a nomination form for someone to win a prize in the 2021 Cash for Classrooms Giveaway.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner’s acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. “Contest Officials” designated by the management of NEWS 9, shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any person’s participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned because of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The Official Contest Rules can be modified at any time, without notice.
9. NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
10. How to Win: Starting August 31, 2021 through May 19, 2022, NEWS 9 will encourage viewers to nominate their own classroom, or another classroom teacher who they believe should win the 2021 Cash for Classrooms Giveaway. Each week, one (1) winner will be selected and News 9 and Metro Ford of OKC will purchase up to $500 worth of classroom supplies from their classroom’s Amazon Wish List or will contribute up to $500 towards their Donors Choose Project. Entry forms can be completed at www.News9.com/Classroom . Winners are selected by contest officials based on responses included on the entry form. All entry forms must include the teachers name, the school where the teacher is teaching and a link to their Amazon Wish List or their Donors Choose Project.
11. Promotional Period is defined as follows: August 31, 2021 – May 19, 2022. However, all entries will accrue and will be kept until the end of this contest. Therefore, you only need to submit one (1) entry for each person you want to nominate to win this giveaway. All valid entries will be kept and will be considered as an entry for the duration of this contest. Below is a weekly schedule of winners and weekly deadlines:
|Winner||Winner will be selected from entries received during these dates:||Presentation Date|
|5||8/31/21 - 10/1/21||10/7/21|
|6||8/31/21 - 10/8/21||10/14/21|
|7||8/31/21 - 10/15/21||10/21/21|
|8||8/31/21 - 10/22/21||10/28/21|
|9||8/31/21 - 10/29/21||11/4/21|
|10||8/31/21 - 11/5/21||11/11/21|
|11||8/31/21 - 11/12/21||11/18/21|
|12||8/31/21 - 11/26/21||12/2/21|
|13||8/31/21 - 12/3/21||12/9/21|
|14||8/31/21 - 12/10/21||12/16/21|
|15||8/31/21 - 12/24/21||12/30/21|
|16||8/31/21 - 12/31/21||1/6/22|
|17||8/31/21 - 1/7/22||1/13/22|
|18||8/31/21 - 1/14/22||1/20/22|
|19||8/31/21 - 1/21/22||1/27/22|
|20||8/31/21 - 1/28/22||2/3/22|
|21||8/31/21 - 2/4/22||2/10/22|
|22||8/31/21 - 2/11/22||2/10/22|
|23||8/31/21 - 2/18/22||2/17/22|
|24||8/31/21 - 2/25/22||2/24/22|
|25||8/31/21 - 3/4/22||3/3/22|
|26||8/31/21 - 3/11/22||3/10/22|
|27||8/31/21 - 3/18/22||3/24/22|
|28||8/31/21 - 3/25/22||3/31/22|
|29||8/31/21 - 4/1/22||4/7/22|
|30||8/31/21 - 4/8/22||4/14/22|
|31||8/31/21 - 4/15/22||4/21/22|
|32||8/31/21 - 4/22/22||4/28/22|
|33||8/31/21 - 4/29/22||5/5/22|
|34||8/31/21 - 5/6/22||5/12/22|
|35||8/31/21 - 5/13/22||5/19/22|
12. How to Enter: To enter the Cash in the Classroom Giveaway, participant must complete an online entry form, which can be found at www.News9.com/Classroom. Entries must include a response to all questions and must include a link to the teacher’s Amazon Wish List or their Donors Choose Project.
13. Alternate Entry Form: An Alternate Entry Form can be completed and submitted to News 9 by mail at “NEWS 9: CASH FOR CLASSROOMS”, 7401 N. Kelley Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73111; or by sending an email to Contest@News9.net. Entry forms submitted by email must include “CASH FOR CLASSROOMS GIVEAWAY” in the subject line. All Alternate Entry Forms must include the following:
a. Your Name (First & Last);
b. Your D.O.B. (for age verification only);
c. Your email address;
d. Name of Oklahoma Educator you are nominating, if not yourself;
e. Name of School Educator is employed;
f. Phone Number (if possible);
g. Email address of Oklahoma Educator you are nominating (if possible);
h. Short explanation of why this person should be selected;
i. Link to Amazon Wish List or Donors Choose Project.
All Alternate Entry Forms must be completed, in its entirety, including a link to the Amazon Wish List or the Donors Choose Project, must be legible and must include an email address. If the Alternate Entry Form, or any portion thereof, is not complete, such form will be deemed null and void. All Alternate Entry Forms will be combined with the online entry forms and one (1) Oklahoma Educator will be selected each month as described above.
14. Deadline: Deadline to submit an entry form, either by online or by the alternate entry form, is May 13, 2022 at 11:59pm (CST). Any entry form submitted after the deadline will not be included in the winner selection process. Each month, Contest Officials will determine the date when a monthly winner is selected. These dates will not be posted and are subject to change at the discretion of Contest Officials. All eligible entries received will continue to be included in the selection process until the person is selected as a winner or until the promotional period has concluded. Therefore, a person does not need to submit an entry form each month for the same person to be included in the monthly winner selection.
15. Prize: Each week during promotional period, and as more specifically defined above, one (1) 2021-2022 Cash for Classrooms Giveaway winner will be selected each week and will receive up to $500 worth of classroom supplies listed on that teacher’s Amazon Wishlist or $500 towards that teacher’s Donors Choose Project. Entry forms can be completed at www.News9.com/Classroom. Winners are selected by contest officials based on information provided in the entry forms.
16. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities’ sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner’s notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
17. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules, Acknowledgement, Form W-9, and any other documents necessary (“Documents”) provided by NEWS 9. The signed documents must be received by NEWS 9 within ten (10) days of the winner’s notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
18. An alternate winner will be selected if any of the following occurs:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. NEWS 9 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by NEWS 9;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
19. Taxes: In the event winner receives, or has already received, a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Communications, News 9 and/or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2020 calendar year, such prize values will be combined with this prize value. If the total value of all prizes received during the 2020 exceed $600, winner will receive a Form 1099 from Griffin Communications for the 2020 calendar year.
20. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and Instagram.
22. Complete rules are available at NEWS 9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.New9.com.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.News9.com.