Slow Cooker Meat and Veggie Lasagna
3 links of Italian sausage (can use turkey Italian sausage)
1 pound lean ground beef (93%)
1 package lasagna noodles
2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups fresh spinach
1 package mushrooms, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup water
1. Spray your slow cooker bowl with non stick cooking spray. Start by browning your meats in a sauté pan. Drain and set aside for assembly. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella. Sprinkle in the Italian seasonings and egg. Mix together till well blended. Set aside for assembly.
2. To assemble here is the order, just repeat till you end with noodles and sauce on top.
3. Sauce- spread to cover bottom
4. Noodles-break in half and just fit flat on bottom of pot.
5. Meat mixture- place enough to cover noodles.
6. Veggies- spread around the top of the meat.
7. Cheese mixture- spread around (do not worry too much since it will melt and spread)
9. Repeat above steps!
10. Once you end up with just a noodle layer on top. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce. Top with 3 slices of lite provolone and a sprinkling of parmesan. Pour water over the top. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or on High for 4 hours.