Firefighters rushed to put out a fire that swept through a house in Moore early Thursday morning.
The fire started around 6:45 a.m. at a home in the 1700 block of S.E. 17th Street. That's just northwest of S.E. 19th Street and Bryant.
When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames consuming the house. A family was inside when the fire started, but managed to get out safely.
Fire crews spent two hours putting out the fire and monitoring hot spots. Fighting the fire was difficult due to the cold. The frigid weather also caused the water used to put out the fire to freeze, making walkways slick.
The fire caused so much damage to the home firefighters said it was a total loss.
It's not known yet what sparked the blaze.