Firefighters extinguished a fire at a house in Norman early Saturday morning. Officials say the fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the home.
According to the Norman Fire Department, crews responded to the fire at around 1 a.m. Saturday at a home in the 400 block of Keith Street. Authorities say the fire started in the home's floor furnace.
The homeowners were out of town for the weekend.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze quickly. Officials urge owners of older homes to have an inspector ensure their furnaces are in good working order.