Oklahoma City firefighters say homeless people trying to stay warm may have started a fire in a vacant apartment building on the southeast side of the city.
Crews were called to S.E. 23rd Street near Shields Friday morning when neighbors saw smoke coming from the empty complex. Firefighters arrived within minutes and put out the flames.
No one was inside the building and no one was hurt. Firefighters say the fire started on the first floor and spread upstairs. They believe homeless people likely started the fire.