Carbon Monoxide Sickens Workers In SW OKC


Friday, March 8th 2013, 9:44 am
By: News 9


A southwest Oklahoma City business was briefly evacuated Friday morning when carbon monoxide made some employees ill.

Paramedics were called to Compressor Systems Incorporated at 5300 S. Rockwell to treat someone who complained of chest pains. While medics were helping that patient, five more people began complaining of headaches.

Firefighters were called out, and they discovered the workers had been exposed to a small amount of carbon monoxide. Apparently, there was not enough ventilation in the building.

The business was evacuated for a few minutes while the building was aired out. Employees were then allowed to go return to work.

Only the person who originally complained of chest pains was taken to a hospital. It's not clear if the patient's condition was related to the carbon monoxide problem.