Trevor Walch was honored as the NCBWA Division II Central Region Pitcher of the Week, the National Collegiate Baseball Writer's Association.
The senior from Eufaula, Okla., earned two saves and a victory on the mound in NSU's three-game sweep at Washburn this past weekend. He was also named the MIAA Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday.
Over the five games played from March 25-31, Walch made four relief appearances and did not concede a single earned run in 12.0 innings. He also struck out 17 total batters and only allowed a combined four hits (all singles) and two walks.
Northeastern State (15-13, 15-13 MIAA) has moved its upcoming doubleheader against Pittsburg State to April 5 in Pittsburg, Kan. First pitch is scheduled for 2 p.m.
Division II Regional Players of the Week:
- Atlantic: Joe Camp, Concord (Hitter); Shayne Herold, Gannon (Pitcher)
- Central: Tory Stoffregen, Pittsburg State (Hitter); Trevor Walch, Northeastern State (Pitcher)
- East: Sean Keady, Bentley (Hitter); Robert Frank, St. Thomas Aquinas (Pitcher)
- Midwest: Alex Sortwell,Ashland (Hitter); Brad Zambron, Grand Valley State (Pitcher)
- South: Taed Moses, St. Leo (Hitter); Andrew Busby, Alabama-Huntsville (Pitcher)
- South Central: Colton Little, Colorado Mesa (Hitter); Dylan James, West Texas A&M (Pitcher)
- Southeast: Ryan Lewis, Columbus State (Hitter); Dylan Wolchick, Lander (Pitcher)
- West: Matt Daugherty, Cal. Baptist (Hitter); David Armas, Cal. St.-LA (Pitcher)