Caught On Tape: OKC Officer Accused Of Using Excessive Force

Tuesday, April 30th 2013, 8:37 pm
By: News 9

Tempers flare as Oklahoma City police are called to a disturbance in northwest Oklahoma City. Now police are investigating the incident involving two of their own.

Three people are accused of hitting the officers, but they claim one of the officers actually assaulted them. And it's all caught on tape.

4/29/2013 Related Story: 3 Arrested For Assaulting OKC Police Following Fight Over Rental Furniture

This all started when a furniture rental company came to pick up its stuff, and were told by the renters to come back next week. Words were exchanged, things got heated, and that's when police were called in.

And what happened next was all caught on video.

The video was taken on a cell phone by one of the people arrested. All three people inside the apartment claim the officers had no right to be inside their home.

Allen Starks, his brother Andre, and Euneisha McGee were all inside, along with Euneisha and Andre's 8-month-old Son. All three can be heard yelling at officers to get out of the apartment. And even bowing up to them, with cell phones in hand.

Police arrested them, and accused them of assault and battery on a police officer. But Allen says it was the other way around. Allen says the officer also pepper sprayed everyone in the house, including the 8-month-old baby.

We took the video and Allen's concerns to the Oklahoma City police department, who had this to say about what happened.

"Prior to you bringing this to our attention, we had already launched a use of force investigation in this particular case because in addition to the handcuffing, the officers also utilized OC spray or pepper spray because they became very combative against the officers," Capt. Dexter Nelson said.

Allen says he not only wants a police investigation, he wants the officers disciplined. Both officers are still on duty and have not been placed on any sort of administrative leave.

Police say there was also another cell phone video that was shot by the furniture company staff outside.

That video has also been turned over to police.