Rags May Be To Blame For Fire At NW OKC Home


Saturday, May 11th 2013, 2:45 pm
By: News 9


Rags used for staining may have spontaneously combusted and started a fire at a northwest Oklahoma City home, according to a battalion chief.

Firefighters were called Saturday afternoon to the 12000 block of Cobblestone. Crews attacked the fire and quickly doused it.

An Oklahoma City Fire Department battalion chief says the staining rags may have spontaneously combusted inside trash cans sitting next to the house. The fire spread to the home, igniting an electrical meter. The flames then spread into the attic.

Nobody was home at the time and no one was hurt. The fire caused about $20,000 in damage.