Family Of Missing Wilson Teen Speaks Out

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 7:29 pm
By: News 9

The investigation into the disappearance of Molly Miller and Colt Haynes continues three months after the two disappeared.

Investigators with the Wilson Police Department tell News 9 that they are making headway on good leads about what happened the night Miller and Haynes disappeared.

Miller's family spoke with News 9 on Thursday afternoon about the disappearance. Two of Molly's cousins said the circumstances around the events the night she went missing made them suspicious. They have been working since they found out Molly was missing to find her. So far, they have not.

"We have one goal and one mission and that's to bring our Molly home," said Mandie Streater, Miller's cousin.

Visit the Operation Find Molly Miller Facebook page.

Streater and her sister, Paula Fielder, have spent countless hours of the last three months trying to find their cousin Molly and spread the word about her disappearance. They say she was last seen with two guys in a car that was involved in a chase from Wilson to Love County where deputies called off the chase.

"Molly called 911. It was only a five-second phone call. Dispatch did try to call Molly back with no response," said Fielder. "She's never been seen or heard from again."

The family has searched all over from Moxley Lake to the woods where the chase ended.

"It's been heartbreaking," said Streater. "I don't feel in my heart that she's still with us, no."

But that doesn't mean they'll give up the search. They think Molly's body may have been in a burned out hole in Love County.

"It is possible," explained Fielder. "Regarding some information that we have gotten from a girl and we have some information to that effect."

While they wait for answers, their work continues on the Facebook group "Operation Find Molly Miller" last week. It already has 20,000 members.

Wilson police tell News 9 that Colt Haynes, who was in the car with Molly, is also missing. They say the driver of the car was found alive. News 9 reached out to him but did not get a comment back.