Pest Control says the recent rain means they are getting more calls for spiders and one metro family says they have the scars to prove it.
"It's so scary. It's beyond scary," said Kayla Flores, whose 14-month old son was bitten by a venomous Brown Recluse Spider Tuesday.
Flores says she acted quickly because her husband had been bitten by a spider about a week earlier.
"Didn't think much of it," said Kurt Flores.
Kurt's bite mark got swollen and red. A week later doctors told him he was bitten by a brown recluse spider and his wound needed to be drained.
A+ Pest Control in Edmond says they received 50% more calls than normal this past weekend.
"All the rain has been flushing everything out of their normal habit," said Sean Dickenson with A+ Pest Control, who says it's not just spider complaints, but scorpions, ants and fleas as well.
Kayla's son should be fine because he was able to receive antibiotics quickly after this bite.