Sam Presti's End-Of-Season Review
Thursday, June 5th 2014, 12:14 pm
By: News 9
Thunder General Manager Sam Presti spent Thursday morning taking questions from the press. Here are some of the highlights from Presti's season-ending media availability.
- "We're in a very managable salary cap situation. We've got a lot of confidence looking toward the future."
- "We struggled a little bit defensively. We need to continue to focus on that."
- "Across the board we've got a lot of room to grow. I wouldn't say that's different than any season though."
- "Scott (Brooks) did an excellent job. I can't look at just the last game, I have to look at a total body of work. Scott is going to look at ways that he can improve just like the rest of us."
- "Quite honestly, we'd be having this conversation a lot earlier if Kendrick (Perkins) wasn't here, especially in the Memphis series. He's helped tremendously with Steven Adams' growth."
- "We have some decisions coming in the future and we have to be careful stay in a position to extend the current run that we have and hopefully get to the NBA Finals. As we saw with Jeremy Lamb this year, sometimes improvement comes without addition."
- "Reggie is a guy that we're very proud of. (Trading him) is not something we're considering."
- "We can look back at a season that was very productive for Steven (Adams). It's going to be a long road for him, there's going to be some ups and downs. Steven has a bright future here."
- "(Fisher) is going to have to decide what's best for him. We don't expect him to keep us informed on his decision. We don't have a right to know what he's doing right now we just want to support him."
- "There's a difference in picking and selecting a player (in the draft). We want to be in a position to select a player. If we're just picking a player we might as well just move the pick on."