Fire crews responded to an apartment fire overnight in northwest Oklahoma City.
According to officials, when firefighters arrived on scene in the 6900 block of N.W. 13th Street, they found a second floor apartment in flames.
The fire reportedly started after a woman inside woke up in the middle of the night to make french fries, fell asleep and the oil left on the stove caught fire.
News 9 has learned that the woman escaped without any injuries, and fire officials said the damage was contained to the one unit, but firefighters had trouble fighting the fire due to the amount of trash inside.
Officials said the damage estimates have been set at around $40,000.