An Oklahoma City firefighter passed out while battling an early morning home fire.
According to the fire department, at about 4 a.m. Friday, crews responded to the fire at a home in the 17800 block of S.E. 95th Street, just south of I-240.
We're told the firefighter was taken to a hospital by the Battalion Chief to be checked out as a precaution. He has been treated and released. It is unclear at this time why the firefighter passed out.
Investigators believe the fire started in the home's attic above the living room. Officials said the cause was likely an electrical short.
The fire has caused about $50,000 in damage to the home.