The suspect in a Pennsylvania shooting spree that left six dead has been found dead after a manhunt that spanned two days, reports CBS Philly.
Accused gunman Bradley William Stone, a 35-year-old ex-Marine, was found dead in the woods near Pennsburg around 2 p.m. Tuesday, reports the station.
Monday's shooting rampage started before dawn at the home of Stone's former sister-in-law in Souderton and ended about 90 minutes later at ex-wife Nicole Stone's apartment in nearby Harleysville, prosecutors said.
His former wife, 33-year-old Nicole Stone, was found dead after a neighbor saw Stone fleeing just before 5 a.m. Monday with their two young daughters.
Police then made the grim discovery of five people killed in two other houses.
Nicole Stone's sister, Patricia Flick, her sister's husband, Aaron Flick, and the couple's 14-year-old daughter, Nina Flick, were killed in the first wave of violence, which was not discovered until nearly 8 a.m. Their 17-year-old son, Anthony Flick, was pulled from the house with a head wound and was taken in an armored vehicle and then by helicopter to a Philadelphia hospital for treatment.
12/14/2014 Related Story: 6 Killed In Pennsylvania Shooting Spree; Suspect At Large
Nicole Stone's mother, Joanne Hill, and grandmother Patricia Hill were killed next at their home in nearby Lansdale. Investigators were alerted by a hang-up call to emergency dispatchers.
Anthony Flick was in "very serious, but stable" condition, according to a district attorney, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman said during a Tuesday press briefing.
"I can't emphasize enough how serious his condition is, but at this point, we are hoping he will be fine," Ferman said.
Bradley Stone's current wife, infant child and two daughters - 5 and 8 - are "safe and secure," she said, speaking as the manhunt was still underway.
Stone, 35, had been locked in a child custody dispute with his ex-wife, and Ferman said he targeted people close to him.
SWAT teams and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies including the FBI, ATF and U.S. Marshals all joined in the search. Schools closed and hospitals and other public places tightened security during the manhunt.