Nine Stat Factoids On A Thunder-Free Thursday
Thursday, January 21st 2016, 4:29 pm
By: News 9
The Thunder is in the middle of an eight-games-in-two-weeks stretch but doesn't play tonight, so let’s take a look at some statistical factoids at the halfway point this season.
- After losing seven times in November, Oklahoma City has gone 21-5 since.
- Kevin Durant is close to the 50/40/90 club again shooting 50.8 percent overall, 39.5 percent from 3-point range and 88.8 percent from the free throw line.
- Russell Westbrook has more assists (432) than Dion Waiters has points (425).
- Enes Kanter, seventh in minutes played, leads the team in total rebounds with 327.
- Among Thunder players with more than 10 attempts on the year, only Anthony Morrow (40.5) and Cameron Payne (40.0) shoot a higher percentage from deep than Serge Ibaka (39.8).
- Steven Adams is the only player who hasn’t attempted a 3-pointer this season, Steve Novak is the only one who doesn’t have a free throw attempt.
- Waiters has taken more shots this season than starters Adams and Andre Roberson combined, 404 to 388. At that pace he will set a career-low for shots attempted in a season.
- Nick Collison, playing a career-low 12.2 minutes per game, has nearly as many fouls (71) as points (74).
- Cameron Payne has taken the backup point guard role from D.J. Augustin and hasn’t missed a beat. The two are very similar statistically: Payne (4.9 ppg, 1.9 apg, 1.7 rpg) Augustin (4.3 ppg, 1.9 apg, 1.1 rpg).