1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who live in Oklahoma and reside in NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.News9.com/contests. Employees of NEWS 9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. A Winner of any previous Storm Shelter and/or Safe Room Giveaway, sponsored or conducted by News 9, News On 6 and/or FlatSafe Tornado Shelters, is not eligible for this contest.
4. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
5. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
6. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner’s acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
7. “Contest Officials” designated by the management of NEWS 9, shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
8. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
9. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
10. NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
11. How to Enter - Form of Entry: Participants may enter the Form of Entry by completing an entry form online at www.News9.com/FlatSafe . Only one (1) entry per day, per email address, will be accepted. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm each weekday. Entries received through the Form of Entry will be accepted during the dates of Thursday, September 15, 2016 ending Monday October 24, 2016. (4) total winners will be selected, with one (1) winner per week starting Monday, October 3, 2016. Winners will be selected by a committee. Entries received on a Saturday or Sunday are not valid entries, and therefore, will not be included in any prizewinner drawing.
12. Alternate Form of Entry for Alternate Form of Entry: Participants may also submit a postcard entry, via mail or hand delivery, addressed to NEWS 9: 2016 FLATSAFE SHELTER FROM THE STORM TORNADO SHELTER GIVEAWAY, 7401 N. Kelley Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Postcard entry must include participant’s name, age, town, phone number and email address (include “None” if participant does not have an email address). Entries must be received by 5:00pm (Monday-Friday), and will be combined with all other entries received via text and alternate form of entry, for same day. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per weekday, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible. Entries received on a Saturday or Sunday are not valid entries, and therefore, will not be included in any prizewinner drawing.
14. Prize: 4-6 Person Galvanized Certified FlatSafe Tornado Shelter (Approx. Value: $3,100). Each weekday, starting Thursday, September 15, 2016 through Monday, October 24, 2016, entries received.
15. Transfer: In the event winner rents or leases their home, rents an apartment, does not have the required specs for installation of a shelter, or for any other reason is not able to install the storm shelter in their personal residence, Winner is allowed to designate an alternative individual to accept possession of the prize (“Winner’s Designate”). Such Winner’s Designate must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, must live in Oklahoma and reside within the News 9 DMA, must own their own home and will be subject to the same requirements as Winner in order to accept prize. In the event that Winner’s Designate is excluded from taking possession of the prize, for any reason (i.e. does not own their home), then the prize is forfeited and neither the Winner or Winner’s Designate shall have the right to designate an alternative individual to accept the prize.
16. In the event a transfer occurs, additional documentation must be signed by both, the Prizewinner and the Winner’s Designate.
17. Installation: The Winner/Winner’s Designate is responsible for contacting FlatSafe Tornado Shelters to schedule the installation of prize. Contact by Winner/Winner’s Designate must occur on or before March 21, 2016, or prize will be forfeited. Installation depends on availability and is subject to change due to weather, scheduling conflicts, etc.
18. Installation Fees: If applicable, Winner/Winner’s Designate will be responsible for applying and securing any and all permits, licenses, applications or other documentation which may be required by the town or city where the shelter is installed. However, Griffin Communications/News 9 will reimburse Winner/Winner’s Designate for any permits, licenses, applications or other documentation required for installation, up to a maximum of $50.00 per Winner/Winner’s Designate. To request reimbursement, Winner/Winner’s Designate must complete a “Reimbursement Form” with copies receipts, canceled check or other proof of payment, to Griffin Communications. Such request must be delivered to Griffin Communications/News 9 within thirty (30) days of purchase. If a reimbursement request is received after thirty (30) days, such request will be denied.
19. Additional Fees: Any additional fees and/or charges which may be required for the installation of prize, will be the sole responsibility of Winner/Winner’s Designate.
20. No substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities’ sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner’s notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
21. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules, Acknowledgement, Form W-9, and any other documents necessary (“Documents”) provided by NEWS 9. The signed documents must be received by NEWS 9 within ten (10) days of the winner’s notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud. In the event winner receives, or has already received, a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Communications, News 9 and/or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2016 calendar year, such prize values will be combined with this prize value. If the total value of all prizes received during the 2016 exceed $600, winner will receive a Form 1099 from Griffin Communications for the 2016 calendar year.
22. An alternate winner will be selected if any of the following occurs:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. News 9 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by News 9;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
23. Taxes: Winner will be responsible to pay any and all taxes, federal and state, which may be assessed. Griffin Communications, parent company of News 9, will issue Winner a Form 1099 for the 2016 Calendar Year, for the total value of prize, plus any amount Winner receives as reimbursement of permit fees, application costs and/or licenses. In the event Winner receives a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Communications, News 9 or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2016 calendar year, all prize values will be combined and Winner will only receive one (1) 1099 for the 2016 calendar year.
24. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
26. Complete rules are available at NEWS 9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.News9.com.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.News9.com.
Print Name: ____________________________