A woman and five children escaped when their house in southwest Oklahoma City, caught fire early Thursday morning.
According to the Oklahoma City Fire Department, at about 4 a.m., firefighters responded to the house fire at S.W. 54th and May.
Fire officials said a TV in the front bedroom overheated and caused the fire. Two people were treated at the scene for minor cuts.
Firefighters installed new smoke detectors, because the ones inside the home weren’t working.
The fire caused about $5,000 of damage to the house.