OKC Police: Standoff Situation Ends In Murder-Suicide

Tuesday, July 5th 2016, 6:46 pm
By: News 9

On Tuesday, Oklahoma City police said the two men found dead inside a trailer home in southwest Oklahoma City were the victims of a murder-suicide.

Police say on July 4, a man called 911 to report he shot his roommate and threatened to kill himself and even blow up their trailer home in the Granada Village mobile home park located near SW 29 and MacArthur Boulevard.

When police arrived, they evacuated several neighboring homes as a precaution while they tried to reestablish communications with the caller.

For nearly six hours, there was a high police presence at the park, while members of the department’s tactical team, bomb squad and police negotiators tried to determine if there was an ongoing threat. In the end, police gained entry into the mobile home in question, and found two bodies inside.

The people who live there say the two people who lived in the trailer home were just known as Frank and Bob, and had lived out there for several years. One neighbor said the two elderly men had been together for years, but recently got married.

“I know both of them were kind of sick but I never expected anything like this,” said Leslie Clay, who lives and works out at the Granada Village Mobile Home park.

He said the two men kept to themselves and never bothered a soul.

But that changed early Monday morning. Clay said he was working on the community pool when he heard shots fired, but thought it was just someone shooting off firecrackers for the Fourth of July. When police arrived with their tactical team and their Bearcat unit, he knew it was something much worse.

“It had everybody a little bit scared,” said Clay.

For nearly six hours, Oklahoma City police tried to make contact with the men inside the trailer home after getting that disturbing 911 call. It wasn't until after several attempts to reestablish contact that police made their way in and found both men dead inside.

“They had three small dogs and he supposedly shot the dogs, too,” said Clay.

Now, those who knew the couple are left wondering what went wrong, and wondering who will now come to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives.

Oklahoma police are still in the process of making next-of-kin notifications.