Creme Brulee French Toast
Monday, April 3rd 2017, 5:07 pm
Creme Brûlée French Toast
- 1 loaf sliced brioche bread
- 2 cups Braum's half and half
- 1/2 cup Braum's whipping cream
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoon rum
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- Set the sliced bread on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the half and half, whipping cream, eggs, rum, salt and vanilla paste.
- Pour the custard mixture over the top of the bread and then cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl melt the butter and then add in the brown sugar.
- On another baking sheet line it with parchment paper.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the bottom of the pan and spread to coat.
- Add the soaked bread to the sugar-coated baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite fruit and syrup.