State Health Department Requests Department Audit
Thursday, September 28th 2017, 10:27 am
By: News 9
The state Health Department has requested a department audit after Wednesday's announcement of all employees will face furloughs.
The request was made by Commissioner of Health Dr. Terry Cline.
In a letter obtained by News 9, Cline requested state Auditor Gary Jones's office to look into the following items:
- Review of cash draw procedures
- Cash management and/or agency “borrow” procedures
- Timely closure of prior budget periods
- Corrective actions and timeliness of resolution of payroll not posing to internal agency budget
- Management of outstanding obligations
- Timely accounts receivable
- Budget reconciliation to available revenue.
Stay with News 9 and News9.com as we gather more information.