Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 5:45 pm
- 1 pre-made pie crust dough
- 3 Granny Smith or Honey Crisp Apples, peeled/cored
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie dough till it is 1/4 inch thick.
- Place your pie pan on the dough and cut around it allowing a 1/2 inch extra on the edge.
- Put the pie crust in the bottom of pan.
- Allow the edges of the crust to hang over the sides.
- Place the pie pan with the crust along with the extra crust dough in the freezer to stay cold while you prepare the filling.
- Cut the peeled apple into cubes and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, spices and vanilla.
- Stir well to combine.
- Take the crust out of the freezer and add the apple filling into the crust.
- Add the slices of butter to the top of apples.
- Roll out the extra pie crust dough into a circle.
- Place the dough on top of the apple pie filling.
- Fold the crust edges in and tuck to seal.
- Crimp the edges.
- Brush the top of the crust with a beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cut a small X in the center of the pie.
- Place the pie on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the pie is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!