Firefighters battled two house fires a few hours apart early Friday in southwest Oklahoma City.
The first fire was reported about 3:30 a.m. in the 2300 block of SW 40 near Agnew.
One person was taken to a hospital after fire burned the front half of the house. He was being treated for minor burns. One dog died in the fire.
Fire officials told News 9 two space heaters were in the bedroom. The cause of the fire was determined to be the result of the space heaters being too close to combustible materials.
The estimated loss was $15,000.
A second house fire was reported about 5:15 a.m. near SW 33 and Agnew. The home is thought to be vacant and no utilities were connected to the home.
The fire was found in a linen closet. The cause of the fire was determined as being intentionally set.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames.
The estimated loss was $10,500.