Crews were called to extinguish a fire at the Plaza Inn on the southeast side, Wednesday morning.
Police said the fire was contained to one room at the complex near southeast 29th Street and South I--35 Service Road. Firefighters said furnishings from one room had been burned. The furnishings included a chair and some drapes. The on-site officer quickly removed the furnishings before officials arrived.
Police said this was a domestic incident but someone called saying the building was on fire and a man was dumping gasoline on people.
Officials said there was a man who dumped gas on a chair, but not people. He allegedly set that chair on fire and then lead police on a short foot pursuit.
He was eventually arrested and booked into the Oklahoma County jail on one complaint of arson.
In terms of damage, police said there is just smoke damage to the room.