911 Call Released In Violent Garvin County Home Invasion

Monday, August 13th 2018, 10:07 pm

A fifth person has been arrested in connection with a violent home invasion out of Garvin County.

A 16-year-old suffered a head injury, and her 22-year-old boyfriend was rushed to OU Medical Center with numerous wounds that covered his body on August 2.

“We are not sure if this is a combination of a stabbing, and a gunshot wound,” Garvin County Sheriff Larry Rhodes said. “The motive we believe is robbery, but we do know prior to the robbery, the night before, two of the people who were arrested were at the residence.”

Deputies say when they arrived, blood covered the home that sits in the community of Katie.

The victims were eventually able to get away from the attackers, and later drove 3 miles down the road to a relative’s home for help.

A 911 call is evidence to the crime:

911 Operator: Is he bleeding really bad?

Caller: Yes

911 Operator: Okay.

Caller: My husband is trying to put some pressure on it.

Court documents reveal investigators found a “spent 9mm shell casing...in the kitchen floor” of the crime scene.

Investigators say they found matching zip ties at the suspects home, as well as a cellphone that was allegedly stolen from one of the victims.

“The cellphone was very instrumental in leading us to the suspects,” Sheriff Rhodes said.

The following people have been arrested for various crimes surrounding the robbery:

Rashawn A. Watson,19; Rashaad A. Watson, 18; Justin L. Strickland, 26, Barbara Strickland, 20; and Tavis Timothy Wright, 20.

Wright was the last to be arrested. He was tracked down August 8, according to deputies.

While many of the suspects in this case have criminal backgrounds, Sheriff Rhodes says Wright was connected to another high-profile case in Garvin County.

“Tavis Wright was the subject of a homicide investigation in 2017,” Sheriff Rhodes said. “He was charged as an accessory after the fact to the murder of Allen Counts.”

Rhodes says in March, Wright entered a plea with the district attorney's office and received a suspended sentence. Because of this new case, he is facing revocation of the agreement and has 20 days to appeal.

He says the 22-year-old victim is expected to recover but is still in the hospital at this time.