Fried Mac & Cheese Bites
Wednesday, January 29th 2020, 4:13 PM CST
Fried Mac and Cheese Bites
- 3 cups prepared macaroni and cheese, COLD
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Pour all of the oil into a large stock pot and heat to 350°.
- Use a small to medium size cookie scoop to make equal “rounds” of the cold macaroni and cheese.
- Will the macaroni cheese balls in your hands to make round and then dredge in flour.
- In a small shallow bowl, cover the balls with beaten egg and then directly into the Panko crumbs with seasoning salt.
- Make sure and cover each bowl completely with breadcrumbs and then set gently into the hot oil and allow each of the rounds to completely brown on all sides.
- Remove from the oil carefully and set on a paper towel lined baking sheet to cool slightly before serving.