Garlic Green and Yellow Squash with Fresh Corn dip
Garlic Green and Yellow Squash with Fresh Corn Dip
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut from cob
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onion and garlic until slightly tender. Mix in the vegetable broth and corn kernels, and cook until heated through. Mix in the squash and zucchini. Cover, and continue cooking 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash and zucchini are tender.
- 2 Mix the basil into the squash. Season with salt and pepper. Cook and stir until all vegetables are tender.
- 3 Serve with pita chips
- 4 Recipe makes 6 servings
One serving (1/6th of recipe) provides 65 calories, 2 grams protein, 3 grams fat, <.5 grams saturated fat, 9 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 0 mg cholesterol and <20 mg sodium-(not adding any salt to taste.)< p>20>