Monday, January 25th 2021, 4:22 pm
By: News 9
- 10 slices thick cut bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Weave the lattices.
- To form one bacon lattice, you'll need 6 bacon halves total.
- First, line 3 bacon halves side-by-side on the pan.
- Lift one end of the middle bacon slice and place a 4th bacon half on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice.
- Lay the middle slice back down.
- Next, lift the two side strips of bacon and place a 5th bacon half on top of the middle piece and underneath the sides.
- Lay the side slices back down.
- Finally, lift the other end of the middle slice and place a 6th slice on top of the side pieces and underneath the middle slice.
- Repeat the weaving process 4 times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the bacon starts becoming golden-brown but is not yet crispy.
- Remove the pan from oven, drain bacon on a paper towel lined plate.
- Store bacon patties in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.