Crews Knock Down Fire At NW OKC House


Thursday, December 27th 2012, 2:32 pm
By: News 9


The Oklahoma City Fire Department quickly doused the flames sweeping through a home near N.W. 30th Street and Shartel.

Crews were called to the house at 806 W. Hill around 1:15 p.m. Thursday. They knocked down the fire within 30 minutes.

Investigators say the fire started from a space heater. The homeowner went to get a movie and came home to the house ablaze.  Two dogs and two cats died in the fire.

Authorities say this is the third fire in the last two days that have been caused by a space heater. Firefighters say they average about five to seven calls a year of fires caused by space heaters. In 2012 total loss of single family homes was approximately $65,000 from space heater fires.