4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups frozen diced potatoes with onions, red and green bell peppers
1/2 cup bacon crumbles
6 large eggs
1/3 cup 4 Cheese Blend
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the frozen potatoes. Stir and cook 3-5 minutes until the potatoes are lightly coated with oil and start to brown.
4. Crack eggs into medium bowl and beat with fork until they are lemon-colored; add salt and pepper
5. Pour the eggs over the potatoes. Add bacon crumbles. Do not stir, but cook on medium heat until the eggs begin to "set" or become firm around the edges, about 3 minutes.
6. Place the skillet in the oven and bake the eggs until it just sets in the center, about 3-5 minutes.
7. Remove the skillet from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the fritatta to loosen it. Place a plate upside down over the skillet. Place a hot pad on the plate and carefully invert the skillet so the fritatta is sitting on the plate. Remove the skillet.
8. Top with 4 cheese blend and garnish, if desired, to add a little color such as paprika, parsley, etc.
9. Cut into 6 wedges. Can serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrate: 14 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 19 grams
Sodium: 410 mg
Fiber: 1 grams
fruit or juice
You can add most any ingredient you like such as olives, cauliflower, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, etc.