Crews Extinguish Fire At SE OKC Recycling Center Warehouse


Saturday, February 2nd 2013, 9:50 am
By: News 9


A recycling center in southeast Oklahoma City caught on fire Friday night. Officials say the fire started in the trash.

Crews responded to the fire just after 10 p.m. Friday, at the recycling center's warehouse located in the 7200 block of S. Bryant.

Firefighters said trash got stuck in a conveyer belt, sparking the blaze. No one was inside the building at the time.

Crews were able to put it out quickly, but it took a while to clear out all the smoke.

No one was injured.