Police say Christopher Flores admitted to molesting a nine-year-old little boy. But now he is walking free after a Cleveland County judge dramatically reduced his bond.
That bond was reduced from $150,000 to 25,000 dollars during a hearing on Monday.
Flores had been in jail since February. But just after 1 p.m. Monday he paid his bond and was released.
"There is nothing different from the time the original bond was set until now," said Cleveland County District Attorney Greg Mashburn. "Nothing has really changed, but to change the bond didn't really make sense."
A judge reduced the bond despite the adamant objections of the district attorney's office. Court documents say Flores admitted to touching the boy on three separate occasions.
"The seriousness of the offense, the fact that it involves minor children, all that goes into the fact that public safety is at risk," Mashburn said.
"There's an overwhelming lack of common sense," Kristopher Russow said.
Russow says he knows all about the risk to the public. He says his daughter was abused by Flores while she was a student at Wilson Elementary.
He was one of a number of parents who sued the school district over Flores's abuse allegations. His case was settled. Flores was never charged with any crime, until now.
"A $25,000 bond while children's childhoods have been systematically destroyed over a ten-year period doesn't make sense to me," Russow said.
Flores was released on the condition that he doesn't have contact with minor children or parents of the victim. He will live with his brother in Oklahoma City.
"I'm dumbfounded, I'm really dumbfounded," said Russow. "My family is really concerned, and I know that other families are too."
Flores's tells News 9 Flores turned himself in originally, and right now maintains his innocence.
Mashburn says once they are past the preliminary hearing stage of the case, they can make a motion to strengthen Flores's bond.