FEMA announced Friday that disaster assistance for Oklahomans affected by the storms between May 18 and June 2 has topped $7.6 million.
More than 10,000 households in six counties have applied for assistance from the Oklahoma Department of Emergency Management (OEM) and FEMA. Those counties are Canadian, Cleveland, Lincoln, McClain, Oklahoma and Pottawatomie.
Complete Coverage: May 2013 Tornado Outbreak
Disaster assistance includes housing assistance grants, grants for disaster-related necessary expenses, and low-interest disaster loans for homeowners, renters and businesses.
OEM and FEMA have opened six Disaster Recovery Centers (DRCs) and one SBA Business Recovery Center. Survivors can go to these centers to get information and apply for assistance. Specialists from OEM, FEMA and the SBA are at the centers to answer questions and help survivors. Those centers are:
• Eastside Church of Christ, 916 South Douglas Blvd., Midwest City Hours: 8 a.m.—8 p.m. Mon.-Sun.
• Jenks Simmons Fieldhouse, 214 North Country Club Road, El Reno Hours: 8 a.m.—8 p.m. Mon.-Sun
• Little Axe Elementary School, 2000, 168th Ave. NE, Norman, Hours: 9 a.m.—7 p.m. Mon.-Sun.
• Carney High School, 204 South Carney St., Carney, Hours: 8 a.m.—7 p.m. Mon.-Sat., noon-5 p.m. Sun. through June 16. NOTE: The Carney center permanently closes at 7 p.m. Wed., June 19th.
• Westmoore High School, 12613 South Western Ave., Oklahoma City Hours: 8 a.m.—8 p.m. Mon.-Sun.
• Gordon Cooper Technology Center, One John C. Bruton Blvd., Shawnee Hours: 8 a.m.—8 p.m. Mon.-Sat., noon-5 p.m. Sun.
• Business Recovery Center: Moore Norman Technology Center, 13301 South Pennsylvania Ave., Oklahoma City Hours: 9 a.m.—6 p.m. Mon.-Fri., 9 a.m.—1 p.m. Sat.
To Apply For Disaster Assistance
Homeowners, renters and business owners in the six designated counties (Canadian, Cleveland, Lincoln, McClain, Oklahoma, and Pottawatomie) who sustained damage from the May 18-June 2 storms can apply for state and federal assistance online at DisasterAssistance.gov or via smartphone at m.fema.gov.
Survivors of the May 18-June 2 storms may also apply by phone at 800-621-FEMA (3362) or (TTY) 800-462-7585. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services can call 800-621-3362 to register.
For information about SBA programs, applicants may call 800-659-2955 (TTY 800-877-8339).
For more information on Oklahoma disaster recovery, go to fema.gov/disaster/4117 or visit the OEM site at oem.ok.gov.