A new study from Career Builder says one in four employers have caught an employee faking sick through social media. However, only one in five have fired them for the fake excuse.
So of course, we had to do some research and find out more about these "fake excuses.” Here were a couple of our favorite.
1. Employee just put a casserole in the oven.
2. Employee woke up in a good mood and didn't want to ruin it.
3. Employee caught their uniform on fire by putting it in the microwave to dry.
4. Employee accidentally got on a plane.
5. Employee got stuck in the blood pressure machine at the grocery store and couldn't get out.