NW OKC House Fire Caused By Fireplace

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 8:55 am
By: News 9

A northwest Oklahoma City family was displaced from their home after a fire, firefighter said.

The fire happened about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 8200 block of Harvest Hills Road. 

Three people were inside the home and were able to leave the home when a fire sparked near the fireplace. Fire officials said the fireplace caused the fire. 

The home suffered water and smoke damage. Fire officials estimated the damage of being $40,000 to $50,000. 

No injuries were reported.