Nearly two dozen people were arrested Sunday in Kiowa County in connection with a cockfighting operation, a Kiowa County Sheriff's Department spokesman confirmed to News 9.
The arrests happened Sunday afternoon in Cooperton, after the department received an anonymous call that morning. The spokesman said 22 people were arrested, and many of them have already bonded.
The accused come from all across Oklahoma, and some of those arrested were in town from as far away as Mexico.
In all, approximately 60 roosters were taken in by a rescue agency.
The sheriff's office identified the arrested as the following:
- Rose Barton, Mt. Park, OK
- Hector Franccisco Carbera Baeza, Mooreland, OK
- Oscar Chaparro, Enid, OK
- Paul Edward Delozier, Jr. , Kingfisher, OK
- Joel Gutierrez, Carnegie, OK
- Luis D. Gutierrez, Weatherford, OK
- Johnathan J. Ibarra, Altus, OK
- Abel V. Isordia, Enid, OK
- Louis Juarez, Ft. Worth, Texas.
- Jeffery R. Knight, Blair, OK
- John D. Munro, Manitou, OK
- Michael Pearson, Rush Springs, OK
- Israel Ponce, Dallas, Texas
- Reynaldo Ponce, Headrick, OK
- Joseph N. Ponder, Altus, OK
- Jose Del Pilar Rivas Herrera, Enid, OK
- Mark A. Russell, Tipton, OK
- Simon Saucedo, Lancaster, Texas
- Michael Smith, Chillicothe, Texas
- Donald W. Streiff, Mt. Park, OK
- Aniceto Vazquez, Clinton, OK
- Damian Vega, Enid, OK