OZ Saferooms Tornado Shelter Giveaway Official rules
2018 OZ SAFEROOM GIVEAWAY
1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who live within a sixty (60) mile radius of Del City, Oklahoma and who reside in NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. (“DMA”) except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.News9.com/contests or click here. Employees of NEWS 9, and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest (“Contest Entities”) and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. A Winner of any previous Storm Shelter and/or Safe Room Giveaway, sponsored or conducted by News 9 and/or OZ Saferooms, is not eligible for this contest.
4. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
5. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
6. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner’s acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
7. “Contest Officials” designated by the management of NEWS 9 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
8. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
9. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
10. NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
11. How to enter: Participants may enter the 2018 OZ Saferooms Giveaway by completing an “ONLINE ENTRY FORM” located at: www.News9.com/OZ. All entries must include participant’s name, age, town, phone number and email address. If an entry does not include at least one (1) form of contact, either a phone number or an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void. All entries received will be combined and one (1) winner will be selected, by random number generator. Deadline to enter is 11:59p.m. on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Only one (1) online entry form per person, per day, will be accepted. Participant may receive an additional entry into the prize drawing by entering via the Alternate Form of Entry, described below.
12. Alternate Form of Entry: Participants may enter the Alternate Form of Entry by visiting the News 9 Booth at the Penn Square Mall Severe Weather Expo on Saturday, March 10, 2018 from 12:00pm-4:00pm. To be included in the prize drawing, entry forms be completed in their entirety. If an entry does not include at least one (1) form of contact, either a phone number or an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void. All entries received will be combined and one (1) winner will be selected, by random number generator. Deadline to enter is 11:59p.m. on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. Only one (1) Alternate Form of Entry will be accepted. However, participants may receive additional entries by completing an online entry form, as described above.
13. Alternate Form of Alternate Form of Entry: Participants may enter using the Alternate Form of Alternate Form of Entry by submitting a “POSTCARD ENTRY”, or postcard sized entry, via mail or hand delivery to “2018 OZ SAFEROOMS GIVEAWAY, C/O KWTV NEWS 9, 7401 N. KELLEY AVE., OKLAHOMA CITY, OK 73111.” Postcard entry must include participant’s name, age, town, phone number and email address (include “None” if participant does not have an email address). If an entry does not include at least one (1) form of contact, either a phone number or an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per weekday, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
14. Prize: One (1) 8-person prefabricated saferoom, made with 18” thick callings, 8” thick walls, 10” thick base and reinforced with steel throughout. Saferoom is a monolithic concrete structure with tiled floor and a 5’ long built-in bench. Delivery and installation is also included Installation is also included. Total prize value: $8,500.
15. Winner must own their home and must live within a fifty (50) mile radius of Del City, Oklahoma. One (1) winner will be selected, by random number generator at the end of promotional period. Winner will be contacted by telephone and must confirm their eligibility based on requirements as set forth herein.
16. Transfer: In the event winner rents or leases their home, rents an apartment, does not have the required specs for installation, or for any other reason, is not able to receive prize, Winner is able to designate one (1) alternate individual to accept possession of the prize (“Winner’s Designate”). Winner’s Designate must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, live within a fifty (50) mile radius of Del City, OK, own their own home and is subject to the same requirements as Winner, to be eligible to receive prize. In the event a Winner’s Designate is excluded from taking possession of the prize, for any reason (i.e. does not own their home, doesn’t live within 50 miles of Del City), then the prize is forfeited and neither the Winner or Winner’s Designate shall have the right to designate an alternate individual to accept the prize.
17. In the event a transfer occurs, additional documentation must be signed by both, the Prizewinner and the Winner’s Designate.
18. Delivery: Prize will be delivered with no additional charge to Winner/Winner’s Designate as long as the winner lives within a sixty (60) mile radius of Del City, OK. In the event Winner/Winner’s Designate lives outside of the sixty (60) mile radius, but still within Oklahoma State lines, Winner/Winner’s Designate will be responsible for any additional delivery charges at the regular rate of $5/mile for anything over 75 miles. The delivery location must be accessible by public roads and must support the weight of equipment and delivery trucks. Once a winner is selected, OZ Saferooms will determine if delivery can be successfully made. If OZ Saferooms determines delivery cannot be made, Winner will be able to designate one (1) alternate individual to accept possession of the prize as set forth above.
19. Installation: The Winner/Winner’s Designate is responsible for contacting OZ Saferooms to schedule the delivery and installation of prize. Contact by Winner/Winner’s Designate must occur on or before October 31, 2018, or prize will be forfeited. Installation depends on availability and is subject to change due to weather, scheduling conflicts, etc.
20. Installation Fees: If applicable, Winner/Winner’s Designate will be responsible for applying and securing any and all permits, licenses, applications or other documentation which may be required by the town or city where the shelter is installed. However, Griffin Communications/News 9 will reimburse Winner/Winner’s Designate for such fees, up to a maximum of $50.00. To request reimbursement, Winner/Winner’s Designate must complete a “Reimbursement Form” and return same with a copy of the receipt, canceled check or other proof of payment, to Griffin Communications, within thirty (30) days of making such payment. If a reimbursement request is received after thirty (30) days, such request will be denied.
21. Additional Fees: Any additional fees and/or charges which may be required for the installation of prize, will be the sole responsibility of Winner/Winner’s Designate.
22. No substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities’ sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner’s notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
23. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner, Official Rules, Acknowledgement, Form W-9, and any other documents necessary (“Documents”) provided by NEWS 9. The signed documents must be received by NEWS 9 within ten (10) days of the winner’s notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud. In the event winner receives, or has already received, a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Communications, News 9 and/or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2018 calendar year, such prize values will be combined with this prize value. If the total value of all prizes received during the 2018 exceed $600, winner will receive a Form 1099 from Griffin Communications for the 2018 calendar year.
24. An alternate winner will be selected if any of the following occurs:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. News 9 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by News 9;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reason as set forth in these rules.
25. Taxes: Winner will be responsible to pay any and all taxes, federal and state, which may be assessed. Griffin Communications, parent company of News 9, will issue Winner a Form 1099 for the 2018 Calendar Year, for the total value of prize, plus any amount Winner receives as reimbursement of permit fees, application costs and/or licenses. In the event Winner receives a prize from any other contest(s) sponsored by Griffin Communications, News 9 or any of their subsidiaries, during the 2018 calendar year, all prize values will be combined and Winner will only receive one (1) 1099 for the 2018 calendar year.
26. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
27. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
28. Complete rules are available at NEWS 9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.News9.com.
29. Standard data rates may apply and are per your carrier.
30. Full terms and conditions are also available at www.News9.com.