Crews Put Out Fire At Downtown OKC Apartment Building
OKLAHOMA CITY - Residents at the Regency Tower apartments in downtown Oklahoma City, were evacuated late Monday night due to a fire.
About 100 residents who live on the southeast side of the building are without power Tuesday morning after a fire broke out around 11:30 p.m. Monday.
Oklahoma City police officers were handing out blankets as those folks waited in the cold for the “all-clear” to come from fire crews.
We're told this fire started after a short in the electrical panel on the first and second floors of the parking garage. And although fire crews were able to contain the fire to just that area, smoke filled all 26 floors of the building.
"I'm going to go down the street to the hotel nearby because I don't have family near, which a lot of these people can't do. They're going to have to bunk with friends," resident Meredith Keller said.
The fire chief on scene said most people ended up going back into the building for the night. No one was injured.