Chicken Piccata with Potato Gratin
1-6 oz chicken breast
1/2 oz capers
1/2 oz shallots diced
1 oz lemon juice
2 oz white wine
2 oz seasoned flour
1 oz olive oil
Chopped fresh parsley
1) Slice chicken breast very thin and dust in seasoned flour.
2) Saute the chicken in hot olive oil in a pan.
3) Brown the chicken on both sides and add shallots, capers, lemon juice and wine.
4) Place the chicken on plate and add sauce. Sprinkle some chopped parsley.
POTATO GRATIN DIRECTIONS:
1) Slice one large potato very thin and layer them in a small pan.
2) Sprinkle parmesan cheese in between each layer until you have 6-7 layers.
3) Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
4) Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes until it starts to brown on top.
Tourne Root Vegetables to serve with Chicken:
1) Bring water to boil and cook all the vegetables until tender.
2) Drain the water and quickly saute in 2 oz of whole butter.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
Assemble chicken, potato gratin and vegetables on the plate and garnish.