2 pounds chicken, bite size chunks
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 pound kielbasa sausage, bite size chunks
1 pound shrimp, peeled, cleaned
2-10 oz. Rotel diced tomato and green chili
2 -14.5 oz. stewed tomatoes, Mexican style
1 cup water
1 cup minute rice, uncooked
1 oz hot sauce
1 teaspoon Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken chunks in butter over medium heat.
2. Add onions, celery, bell pepper and stir until vegetables are crispy, or to your taste.
3. Add sausage and shrimp; continue cooking for 10 minutes.
4. Add the diced tomatoes and stewed tomatoes; stir well.
5. Add 1 cup water to skillet and slowly stir while bringing liquid to a boil.
6. Add minute rice, hot sauce, and Creole seasoning; cover skillet and continue cooking until rice is fluffy.
7. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Carbohydrate: 12 grams
Protein: 23 grams
Fat: 10 grams
Sodium: 795 mg
* Great 1 pot meal for a large gathering. The "heat factor" may be increased or decreased by holding the last 2 ingredients and allowing individuals to season their serving of Jambalaya with hot sauce and Creole seasoning to their taste.
* To reduce the sodium in this recipe, use fresh tomatoes and half the Creole seasoning.