By Kirsten McIntyre, NEWS 9

OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City police are investigating a case of road rage. A local woman claims she was sitting in traffic when suddenly a man reached into her car and began hitting and choking her.

It's been almost a week and the black eye and other bruises still haven't gone completely away.

“I was just in complete shock and trying to hold it together,” Denise, a road rage victim, said.

Denise asked that her full name not be used for her own protection. She claims the incident happened at the intersection of Northwest Expressway and Council. She said Jeff Neumann got out of his truck and ran towards her car yelling he'd been cut off in traffic.

“Started banging on the window and then I accidentally hit the button for my window to go down. He just starting reaching in and punching me. I started screaming, he started choking me,” Denise said.

Denise said while being attacked, she heard screaming in the distance.

“He had kids in his truck so his daughter opened the door and started screaming ‘Daddy please stop hitting her. Please stop hitting her and get in the truck,’” Denise said.

According to the police report, a witness told police, "It looked like he was hitting her." A second witness chased Neumann to a nearby Wal-Mart where he got out his cell phone and took a picture.

“Fortunately in this case, the witness was able to take a picture of the suspect's tag on his vehicle,” said Oklahoma Police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow.

Police say they tracked the tag number to Neumann's house in Yukon where he was arrested.

“He admitted to being part of some type of altercation although he denied any type of physical assault on this female,” said Sgt. Wardlow. “This was broad daylight so you know you hear about people chasing each other, flipping each other off and stuff but you actually never see anybody get out and beat up somebody in another car.”

Denise said in the future, she'll keep her doors locked and pay more attention to her surroundings.

Jeff Neumann also filed a police report. He claims he was cut off in traffic but made no mention of any type of assault.