Here's a list of ways people can donate or offer help to those in need after Hurricane Harvey.
FEMA notes that the best way to help is with cash donations to trusted agencies. They say, "Cash is efficient, flexible to use, and requires no packaging or transport. Trusted organizations will ensure your money goes to help those in need."
- United Way, Houston
- American Red Cross
- Salvation Army
- Texas Diaper Bank
- Oklahoma Blood Institute
- Feeding Texas
- SPCA of Texas
- National Voluntary Organizations Active In Disaster
- Houston Food Bank
- Corpus Christi Food Bank
- Galveston Food Bank
- Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies
- Coalition for the Homeless
- Kiwanis Club, Texas-Oklahoma District
- Miranda Lambert's MuttNation Foundation
- Exit Realty is also accepting donations to deliver to the affected areas. Donations can be dropped off at 11813 S Western and at 3705 W Memorial, Ste. 1405, both in Oklahoma City.
8/28- Battered By Harvey, Houston Braces For Even More Flooding
8/28- Animal Shelters Filling Up With Pets In Harvey's Wake
8/28- OG&E Crews Head To Texas Gulf For Harvey Relief Efforts
8/28- Oklahoma's Salvation Army Headed To Hurricane Harvey Relief
8/27 - Oklahoma Disaster Response Group Needs Volunteers
8/25 - Local Volunteers Prepare To Respond To Hurricane Harvey