Mercy Announces 'No Visitor' Policy As COVID-19 Cases Continue To Rise
Tuesday, November 24th 2020, 9:38 am
By: News 9
OKLAHOMA CITY -
Mercy officials announced Tuesday that no visitors for adult patients will be allowed on campuses across Oklahoma City, as COVID-19 cases continue to rise.
Officials said Mercy has seen a 42% increase in patients admitted with COVID-19 over the past week.
No visitors will be allowed for adult patients at the following campuses:
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City
- Meinders NeuroScience Institue
- Mercy Hospital Oklahoma City - South
- Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City
- Mercy Edmond Interstate 35
Below is a full list of the visitor policy exceptions.
- Mercy Birthplace patients may have one visitor for the entirety of their stay. Visitors may not swap with another guest during a patient's stay.
- NICU patients or any minor age 17 and under may have two patient representatives per room.
- All patient representatives must be ages 16 and up.
- Visitors will be allowed for patients needing extra caregiver support including translation services, physical assistance and patients with an altered mental status.
- Visitors will be allowed for patients nearing the end of life.
Officials said they will continue to do visitors screenings and masks are requires at all times.
Click here for the full visitor policy.