By Amy McRee, NEWS 9
Let's talk about something no doubt quite a few of you are feeling post-holiday. I'm talking about the heavy feeling of being overwhelmed. With the added pressure of holiday entertaining, travel and budget woes, you might have gotten a little behind in your normal routine. But, don't worry. Here are some ways to get you back on track:
The Christian Broadcasting Network's cbn.com, cites motivational speaker Valorie Burton in an article about feeling overwhelmed and offered a few tips.
1. Plan a respite- a place to go for down time, where you can slow down and take a breath
2. Give yourself time to catch up- identify what's overdue and what's coming up. Catching up relieves anxiety
3. Alter deadlines, drop non-essentials- In order to catch up, you may have to drop some activities, postpone others. Ask what you can change about upcoming deadline. Is it self-imposed or can you get an extension?
4. Clear the clutter- reorganize, makes you feel more productive.
5. Remember your vision- put things in perspective. Ask "If I don't get this done, what difference will it make?" If it's urgent, make time for it.
Once you start making that time, and you're back on track try keeping a journal. It'll help you see how much you've actually accomplished and focused on what still needs to be done.