Together at the Table
8 rice paper rounds, 8 inch diameter1 bunch green leaf lettuce1 package thin rice vermicelli noodles1 large bunch fresh cilantro1 cup fresh mint leaves1 cup mung bean sprouts2 cooked large shrimp per spring roll, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 2 halves.
1. Cook rice noodles according to package directions, rinse with cool water, drain and set aside. 2. Wash and dry the lettuce, cilantro, mint and bean sprouts. Remove stems from cilantro and mint.
3. Soften rice paper round by dipping for about 30 seconds into pan of cool water. (Can use plastic discs with drain holes if available, otherwise, handle rice paper rounds carefully to prevent tearing). Place softened rice paper on flat surface.
4. With the circle of moist rice paper in front of you, place the ingredients just below the center of the circle in the following order: 1 lettuce leaf2-3 tablespoons cooked noodlescilantro leavesmint leaves1-2 tablespoons bean sprouts4 shrimp halves
5. Fold the remaining bottom of the rice paper over the ingredients. The top half of the circle will not have any ingredients on it. Begin rolling away from you, tucking in the sides with your ring fingers as your roll the spring roll. Roll as tightly as possible without tearing the rice paper.
6. Repeat until all Shrimp Spring Rolls are prepared. Serve cold with Peanut Sauce
4 Servings (2 Spring Rolls per Serving)
Nutrition Information per Serving (without sauce) Calories: 188 Carbohydrate: 40 grams Protein: 6 gramsFat: 0 grams Sodium: 58 mg Fiber: 1 gram