2 cups + 2 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons melted butter
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 1/4 oz package active dry yeast
5 cups all purpose flour
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1. In a small saucepan, combine the milk, butter and sugar; heat to 110 degrees (or temperature similar to warm bath water).
2. Add the yeast to wet mixture and let it sit for 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and salt.
4. Mix the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients in a mixer. Mix on low until the dough is soft and elastic.
5. Form the dough into a ball and transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until the dough doubles in size, about 20 minutes.
6. Punch the dough down, and cut into 15 small balls using a knife.
7. Roll the balls into tight rolls and place in a buttered baking dish.
8. Cover again with towel and let rolls rise for 2 hours.
9. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove the cover from rolls and brush the top of rolls with remaining melted butter. Bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.