Originally Published: Oct 25, 2009 3:58 PM CDT
Thoughts and notes from the sidelines during and after OU's 35-13 win over Kansas...
- I asked Jimmy Stevens if he was hurt and he said "no." It was just a coach's decision to have Tress Way take over the place-kicking duties.
- Cameron Kenney needs to give Lester Hayes a call.
- Ryan Broyles was extra slippery against KU. I'd say he's back to 100%. He darts around like a 10-year-old kid who just ate a fun-dip.
- The versatility Brent Venables has with his linebackers and defensive backs makes them tough to figure out. Keenan Clayton, Joseph Ibiloye, Jonathan Nelson and Marcus Trice can all play different positions. And Dom Franks and Brian Jackson are playing at a phenomenal level right now.
- Jeremy Beal is wise beyond his years.
- The post-game lockerroom was remarkably excited for a team that is 4-3. Brian Jackson was very excited about shutting down Dezmon Briscoe.
- I personally witnessed no fights between Kansas football and basketball players during my visit.
- As I watched Dom Franks take that pick to the house all I could think was, "how nice would it have been to have one of those last week?"
- I like Kansas running back Toben Opurum. He's a big boy. Reminds me of NY Giants running back Brandon Jacobs in that jersey. Gerald McCoy is the only guy who brought him down by himself all day.
- Insider information: on the team flight home every seat has a bag of food on it with a sandwich, chips, fruit, etc... And every bag always has a Snickers bar in it. That Snickers bar is like gold. Players trade Snickers bars like its the floor of the stock market. Quinton Carter had four when I walked by his seat.
- On the flight home they showed the episode of "The Office" where Michael Scott opens the disco cafe downstairs. Fantastic!