Originally Published: Jan 1, 2011 12:28 PM CDT
Im headed to University of Phoenix Stadium in just a couple of minutes. I hope youll listen to tonights radio broadcast. Ill try to bring you some interesting nuggets from the bench that you wont hear on the television broadcast. And be sure to check out our post-game thoughts and reaction right here on Oklahoma Sports.
- UConn is 3-0 all-time vs Big 12 teams. Two wins over Baylor and one over Iowa State.
- How about this difference: Landry Jones passing yards this season = 4,289. UConn QB Zach Frazars passing yards = 1,202. Wow!
- UConns leading receiver is Michael Smith with only 42 catches. OU has three guys with more than that. Ryan Broyles = 118. Demarco Murray = 69. Kenny Stills = 53.
- UConns passing offense averages 145.1 yards per game. That ranks 112th in the nation.
- Its all about running back Jordan Todman for the Huskies. Hes #2 in the nation at 143 yards per game on the ground.
- Both of these teams have been great at causing turnovers. UConns turnover margin is +12. OUs turnover margin is +14.
- UConn has played six teams that went to bowl games this season. They went 4-2 against those teams.
- The Big East is off to a much better start than the Big 12 in the bowls. The Big East is 3-1 so far. Wins by South Florida, Syracuse and Louisville. West Virginia the only loser.
- Look for OU to try to take advantage of a very young UConn defensive backfield. 3 of 4 starters are sophomores.
- Watch out on kickoffs. UConn return man Nick Williams has taken two kickoffs back for touchdowns this season.
- UConn has struggled mightily on 3rd downs this year. Perhaps a product of their struggles in the passing game. They are only 32% on 3rd down. That ranks 112th in the nation.