Grilled Salmon with Gnocci Vodka Cream Sauce
• 2 pounds salmon filet
• olive oil
• sea salt
• cracked pepper
• 4 tablespoon salted butter
• 3 shallots, sliced thin
• 3 roasted garlic cloves
• 2 cups fresh spinach
• 1 jar bottled marinara sauce
• 1/2 cup whipping cream
• 1/4 cup vodka
• 16 ounces gnocchi, prepared according to packaging
1. Heat grill pan till it is smoking hot. Brush salmon filets with olive oil sprinkling with sea salt and cracked pepper. Place salmon skin side up in grill pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes then flipping and cooking an additional 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
2. In a large saucepan add olive oil and butter. Sauté shallots, roasted garlic and spinach till tender and then add gnocchi. Toss with butter and allow to warm through.
3. Using a large stock pot combine marinara sauce and vodka. Allow to simmer and then lower heat and add whipping cream. Stir to combine.
4. To serve: Place sauteed gnocci on place and ladle on creamy vodka sauce and top with a salmon filet. Sprinkle with Italian parsley and Parmesan.
Number of servings (yield): 4